Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm BACK!!!

I know it has been awhile since my last post.  If you know me personally, then you know I went through an ordeal this summer with my dad.  My dad had cancer in his jaw and opted to have it surgically removed.  So, being the loyal daughter that I am, I went to Oklahoma to be there for the surgery scheduled for June 1st.

Never in my wildest dreams did I realize I would be gone from home for four months.  Nor did I fathom the undesirable ending of this long ordeal that my dad went through trying to add some time to his life.  Unfortunately, he lost the battle, but he gave it a valiant effort and I am so glad that I was able to be there with him during this period. 

My brother and my mother were there every step of the way as well.  Needless to say, their RV felt like it was 'shrinking' the longer the three of us were in it.

The three of us survived the endless summer and dad is no longer dealing with pain, but rather wrapped in the arms of our Lord.

With that said, I am now back to getting items ready for the holidays and I am staying busy!  I will try to be a more loyal blogger and keep you posted.  I have so much to show you!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am thankful his suffering is over. What a time you must have had. Hope you are doing well emotionaly now. I am enjoying wearing my orange stone jewels again! Prayers to you.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete