Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hair Pins vs. Bobby Pins -- Who Knew??

It is wedding season again and those brides are out selecting all the important essentials for the fairytale wedding they have always dreamed about.  

I have been making hair combs and hair pins or what I thought were hair pins with pearls and crystals.  Now I find out that I've been making bobby pins!  Yes, I remember using bobby pins and calling them that, but now my latest bride has educated me about the difference between hair pins and bobby pins.  

She wants hair pins--they are just to decorate the hair; not bobby pins--they are for hold.  Okay, it does make sense to me.  So, I am now stocked with lots of hair pins as well as my combs and bobby pins. 

Here's my latest effort into the world of bridal hair bling.
Pearl & Crystal Hair PIN

Single Pearl Hair PINS

This little bride wanted the one ornate pin with pearls and crystals, with a dozen of the single pearl pins.  I will certainly try to get a picture of her hair for the special day, but my imagination envisions quite a head of hair with special curls and little pearls throughout.  I believe this will be a gorgeous look and I am anxious to see the final result.

So my shop now offers both hair pins and bobby pins, as well as hair combs.  I have different sizes of combs now so stay tuned for the preview of those little treasures.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh those hair pins are gorgeous. Who knew they were different from bobby pins? Thanks for teaching me something new today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. Your pins are beautiful. I'm going to head over to your shop now to check out the other items you have. :)

    ReplyDelete