Thursday, March 3, 2011

You've Got to Have Friends!!

Yes, you've got to have friends . . . now I don't know if anyone else can remember that song, but it keeps repeating itself over and over in my head.

Today was my birthday and I really felt the love from all my friends.  I woke up to find thousands (not literally) of birthday messages on my Facebook account--some from all over the world.  Now that was awesome in and of itself.  

I enjoyed a relaxing lunch at the Rio Grande with a group of special friends who I have known and worked with for years.  The importance of spending time with friends is always re-emphasized to me after something so simplistic as a little laughter at lunch.  I find that nothing can be so overwhelming that a little time spent with a friend or two cannot cure or heal.

The time spent catching up may pull you away from all the 'important' duties or missions you may have planned to accomplish; but never underestimate how refreshed and invigorated you will be after some laughter endorphins are released.

So, regardless of the length of your to do list--take a little time for your mental health and spend it with some friends!!

What a terrific birthday I had between email messages; off-key birthday songs on the phone; and a little catch up for a bright and sunny lunch.  I don't believe I'm ready to give up on having birthdays, and yes, I still refuse to count the years using the same method the rest of the world uses--I plan to stay forever young in my heart!

Oh, and I took my camera along so I could show you the smiling group at our luncheon, but we had so much fun I forgot all about it.  Just take my word for it--we are a group of sassy girls with attitude!

Now, does anyone remember that song that keeps whirling around in my head????  Let me know if you do.  It seems like it was from a Bette Midler movie, but who knows?

Enjoy each and every day!  Tomorrow we will have the drawing for the winner of the earrings.  If you didn't post a comment on the blog hop blog "Get Er Done" soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment