Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jade has Overwhelmed me . . .

I bought some New Jade pieces recently and was pleasantly surprised at the versatility of this gorgeous stone.  I just keep picking it up to create again and again.  I guess I should have picked up a little more of it.  Let's see what you think of it.

I have some hand painted silk that matched it so well that I just started weaving and twisting and look what came out of this venture.
I love the warmth and richness of these colors.
Then I decided I needed some earrings to go with this and they have turned out so nice that I think they will become a staple for the discerning woman even if she doesn't pick up the necklace.
New Jade Earrings

Well, the antique brass looked so nice with the jade I wondered what they would look like with copper; oh, and some nice sesame jasper, and well, just have a look at this one.
Asymmetrical Necklace
 I loved how this turned out.  The dark brown jasper pieces are heart shaped and I've added a little lariat effect on the bottom of the front.  I do adore jangles on things.  Also added just a little sparkle and copper wire wrap for finalize the look.  This one isn't posted yet, but will be soon. 

I found this information about Jade:  "Jade is an ancient stone that has historically been used to attract love.

Jade can be used to bring money into your life. Jade strengthens your mental faculties and assists in clear reasoning.

Jade is also a protective stone, guarding against accidents and misfortune."


Now, I'm getting the itch for chains and crystals and lots of BLING!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment